I work within a psychodynamic frame offering both short and long-term psychotherapy to adults suffering from emotional distress.
My specialities include:
- Relationship issues: affairs, breakups
- Sexual identity and sexuality:
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & queer (LGBTQ+)
- gender, sexual & relationship diversity (GSRD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Addictive behaviours – e.g. alcohol, drugs, gambling, internet
- Bullying – past and current
- Childhood trauma: e.g. emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Depression: feeling ‘down’ with no apparent reason for prolonged periods
- Domestic violence : gender specific abuse
- Emotional breakdown
- Life changes: ’empty nest’, loss of employment, ageing
- Low self-esteem
- Poor mental health
- Panic attacks
- Psycho-sexual issues: sexual dysfunctions
- Women’s issues – life changes
I can offer psychological consultation and training to organisations and other mental health related agencies, as well as workshops and events.
I also offer supervision to trainees and qualified counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists – either individually or in groups.